Radiology Technology (Diploma Program)
Our Radiology Technology Program prepares students who wish to pursue entry-level positions as Radiology Technologists in hospitals, diagnostic centers, private physician practices, and clinicals. Our curriculum provides comprehensive, real-life training that is essential to be successful in diagnostic imaging. We are proud to say that:
- Those graduates of the program who hold associate degrees are eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination in Radiography.
- We have partnerships with leading acute care facilities and diagnostic centers throughout our community that provide an excellent clinical training experience.
- Our didactic and clinical instructors have years of experience technologists and educators specifically in the field of radiology.
ACCREDITATION & LICENSE
The Associate of Science in Radiology Technology Program offered by Med Academy is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and recognized by The American Registry of Radiology Technologist (ARRT).
- Diploma Program
- 21 Months Program Duration
- 84 Credit Hours
- Hybrid Delivery Method
- Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
|Class Number||Class Title||Credit Hours|
|GC104||General Survey Human Anatomy & Physiology I||8|
|GC105||General Survey Human Anatomy & Physiology II||8|
|HC102||Introduction to Patient Care & Health Professions||4|
|RT101||Introduction to Radiology Technology||6|
|RT102||Principles of Radiologic Exposure||6|
|RT201||Radiation Biology and Protection||3|
|RT202||Radiographic Procedures and Positioning I||7|
|RT203L||Radiographic Procedures and Positioning Lab I||2|
|RT204||Radiographic Procedures and Positioning II||6|
|RT205L||Radiographic Procedures and Positioning Lab II||2|
|RT206||Digital Imaging and Image Acquisition||1|
|RT207C||Clinical Rotation I||3|
|RT208||Radiographic Physics & Equipment Operations||3|
|RT209||Advanced Imaging Procedures||3|
|RT210C||Clinical Rotation II||6|
|RT213C||Clinical Rotation III||8|
The tuition for this program is based in a rate of $340.00 per credit.
|Cost per Credit||84 Credit Hours|
EMPLOYMENT AND SALARY RATE
Statistics for Radiology Technologist
- Employment: 201,200
- Hourly Rate: $ 29.00
- Annual Rate: $60,320.00
- Classes 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1680 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 50
- Assessments Yes