Med Academy provides quality education and training to a diverse student population interested in professional careers in Medical Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology. Our programs are enriched by our strong network of partnerships with community hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and various industry leaders in medical imaging technology. The faculty and staff at Med Academy are committed to providing a superior service and an exceptional, learning environment.
Med Academy recognizes its commitment to its student body, faculty, and staff to provide a nurturing environment that emphasizes quality, adaptability, accessibility, and diversity. In an effort to achieve this goal and meet the needs of our communities of interest, our institutional goals are as follows:
• Recruitment of individuals who prove to be qualified to train as diagnostic imagers.
• Provide an educational setting that promotes student cognitive, psycho motor and effective skills.
• Develop students’ knowledge in producing quality medical images.
• Encourage student professional attributes such as compassion, empathy and dependability in
reference to patient care.
• Develop students’ competence in the diverse nature of patient care when dealing with cross-cultural populations with emphasis on ethics and medical legalities.
• Encourage students to seek continuous education beyond this program.
• Uphold ethical standards of the profession as stated by the Medical Professional Code of Ethics.
• Prepare students to successfully take certification examinations, when applicable, provided by the American Registry Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT).
• Encourage participation in outreach programs related to health and wellness activities inclusive of all members of the community.
Med Academy strives to uphold the values set forth below:
We promote partnerships that develop solutions to community challenges which are imperative to economic strength and quality of life.
We strive for quality in instruction and service by upholding high academic and professional standards, providing a quality educational environment, and continuously seeking improvement in all aspects of our work.
We pursue excellence in teaching and knowledge through reinforcement and support of originality, resourcefulness, uniqueness, and visionary leadership.
We strive to establish high standards of ethical behavior and to revel in honesty, sincerity, and trust as the basis for our associations.
We recognize and value the exclusivity, diversity, and autonomy of every individual.